STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO BUYING A PROPERTY IN MALLORCA:
Here we define briefly the potential process as of the beginning of your property search until the completion of the purchase of your dream property.
To guarantee best support in order to find your dream property in Mallorca the indication of your detailed criteria’s would be indispensible and most helpful:
Therefore very important for us:
Do you know Mallorca, if so – do you have a favorite location or area on the island ?
HOLIDAY HOME, PERMANENT LIVING OR INVESTMENT ?
Would it be a holiday home, do you plan to live permanently in Mallorca respectively do you want to become a resident in Mallorca or would you consider a capital investment ?
Do you consider to purchase…
- a villa/a house in Mallorca
- a flat/apartment/penthouse in Mallorca
- a country house/a finca in Mallorca
- a building plot/an existing project in Mallorca
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS :
- Space of the property ? square meter of living area/terrace space ?
- How many bedrooms/bathrooms do you need at least ?
- Does the property need to have a garage/underground garage, fixed parking space ?
- Is a se view/mountain view/golf view/panoramic view a MUST ?
- Is a swimming pool/community pool a MUST ?
- Do you have kids in pre-school age ? (vicinity to schools, beaches, leisure places in Mallorca)
- Do you play golf or tennis ? (vicinity to golf courses, tennis clubs, etc.)
- Further important conditions/requirements for you to purchase a property in Mallorca ?
What would be your preferred upper budget to purchase a property in Mallorca ?
Please bear in mind that you generally have to calculate approximately 10 % purchase costs (notary costs, administration, registries, land purchase tax, etc.)
Due to several reasons it could be of interest to finance or part-finance the purchase of a property , so e.g. you do not have to bind your capital. Therefore it is advisable to arrange your finances and, if required, have a mortgage agreed in principle. This will confirm how much money you will have to fund a purchase, which will ultimately influence your property search.
E-MAIL / CORRESPONDENCE
By far most of the clients start the search of their dream property in Majorca in the Internet.
The properties displayed on our webpage just take a certain part of our entire portfolio as some of the properties are not published by wish of the property owners or are just “in process”.
Therefore please do not hesitate to contact us directly. The personal contact is very important for us and we will be most delighted to get to know you (for the beginning) through a conversation by telephone in order to conceive your requirements. Please feel free to send us an email letting us know the best suitable time for you and we give you a call.
Once we have a clear understanding of your requirements we will send you a selection of properties that will match your criteria. We can also keep you constantly updated via email alerts when the latest properties become available.
Prior consultation we of course would be available for property viewings in the evening, at the weekend or at bank holidays. We will be most happy to pick you up and chauffeur you to your viewings ensuring you a stress-free viewing in a relaxed frame of mind and accompany you throughout so that we are on hand to answer any questions immediately.
ONCE WE HAVE FOUND YOUR DREAM PROPERTY IN MALLORCA WE CONTINUE AS FOLLOWS :
- We negotiate with the property owner or promoter
- We inspect the land registry of the property
- We schedule the completion fees of the purchase of the property
- We organize a surveyor, if required
- We recommend English speaking lawyers, if required
- We prepare the option- or reservation contract in the relevant languages
- We recommend local banks to obtain mortgage offers
- We help you to set up a Spanish bank account with a local bank
- We help you to apply for the Spanish tax number (NIE)
- We solicit information of architectural regulations
- We prepare and organize the notary signing
Even after completion NEW HOME MALLORCA will offer you an exclusive after sales service, assuring that you will be able to fully enjoy your property and we do the following for you:
- We organize the registration of the utility contracts on your name
- We organise the registration of the town hall rates and garbage fees on your name
- We help you to set up standing orders with your bank
…and we recommend, if required:
- tax advisors
- insurance brokers
- interior designers
- care takers
- furniture shops
- kitchen studios